Monday, August 21, 2006

LIGHTS, CAMERA.......ADOPTION!

GIMME SHELTER started in early January 2006. I am very happy to say we just completed the 11th show. My mission is to use the power of television to get the shelter animals out of the shelter and into loving homes. I also want to help the (LITTLE KNOWN ) shelters, get the attention that they so much deserve. Unfortunately, the "majority" of animal shelter/rescue groups do not have deep pockets. Many do not have the resources or manpower to get the much needed funds to run a shelter the way they really need to. HELP HAS ARRIVED! Myself, along with a small group of volunteers have made this show a priority. We have just begun this journey! The BRILLIANT sponsors have made this show possible, and I must give props to the man that basically saved the show....Mr. KEN SLAVIN! He is FABULOUS. I totally appreciate that he could see my vision. Now as I mentioned earlier,this is a work in progress. We still are in need of sponsors. The show only exists through sponsorship. The airtime is incredibly expensive, and my goal is to run the shows 7 days a week. I am so honored to be able to say that this show is WORKING! I know that animals are getting adopted, and donations are being given. That is so amazing to me. Our lovely community is responding! Please visit the website at: www.gimmeshelterpets.com.

No comments: