Tuesday, October 31, 2006

CHAT NOIR

October has been my favorite month for as long as I can remember. Not only is it my birth month, but I happen to love HALLOWEEN! This year however, has been the worst October of my life. Not only did I lose my beloved NIGEL, I just learned that my adopted cat CHAT NOIR has left this earth as well. Chat came into my life about 2.5 years ago. He just appeared one day, I'm guessing he was dumped off. He was about 5 months old, and the most gorgeous pure black kitty I had ever seen. My neighbor at the time had been feeding him and told me that they wanted to keep him. I was thrilled to arrange getting him neutered and up to date on all of his vaccinations, I even provided the trap. Yes, CHAT was a funny little bugger, he would only let the neighbor touch him. Everyday I would ask the neighbor, did you catch him? Finally after about a month of badgering him, he told me that he caught another neighborhood cat. He said that Chat was too smart to go into the trap. I of course knew that was complete bullshit. So one year later the neighbors were getting ready to move and I'm having a conversation with the wife, she admits to me that in fact they did catch CHAT, but the husband felt so guilty that he released him immediately. I was really not surprised by this. First of all, they had an un-neutered dog, as well as a declawed cat that lived outside, they were clearly irresponsible pet owners. Their cat CASEY had become best friends with CHAT, they were always together. This is why my heart was broken when I learned from another neighbor that they had left CHAT behind. They said they were unable to catch him, again, I say BULLSHIT! I decided on that day that CHAT would become part of my family. I provided food and fresh water every day. He eventually began to trust me, he would even let me give him MAD LOVE! Now, one year later, he is gone. Ron, the other neighbor that I mentioned earlier had been looking after CHAT as well. I'm not sure exactly how all of this came about, I just know it ended with CHAT at the Veterinarian diagnosed with FELINE LEUKEMIA! A FATAL disease in cats that is highly contagious. I also want to mention this disease is 100% PREVENTABLE. I blame the idiot former neighbor, you remember the one that "felt sooo guilty" for trapping CHAT. Had he actually taken him to the Vet two years ago when I set it up (FREE) my little CHAT would still be with us. I will miss you terribly, my hansom CHAT NOIR. PLEASE VACCINATE YOUR PETS! THEIR LIFE COULD DEPEND ON IT!

No comments: