Wednesday, October 18, 2006

DOUBLE EXPOSURE!

I had the extreme pleasure of shooting two shelters this past weekend. First up was the Humane Society of Manatee County, what an amazing group. I had them on my show back in March so I knew several of the staff/volunteers. The lovely Denise called me and asked if I could help promote the adoptions of several of the LONG- TERM RESIDENTS. HSMC is a NO KILL SHELTER, which is fabulous of course, but unfortunately they have SEVERAL dogs and cats that have been there 1-3 years. This is a very sad situation, some have literally lived at the shelter their entire life. I am specifically going to mention PEPSI, I know the name is ridiculous, and he doesn't even come close to resembling a pepsi. He is very REGAL in fact. He is a Great Dane mix with impeccable manners. I think he is more of an Arthur. KELLEY is another angel that has been at the shelter for a really long time. She is such a sweet girl, it just breaks your heart. Hopefully, someone reading this blog or watching my show will go down and meet these lovely creatures. After my wonderful experience with HSMC, I was on to ANIMAL SERVICES SARASOTA. Sarasota in Defense of Animals were sponsoring their HOWL-O-WEEN ADAPTATHON. They had quite a full house, I can't remember the last time I saw the shelter that packed. There are some wonderful dogs and cats available for adoption. I hope anyone looking for a new family member will go down and meet these wonderful furries. I am happy to report 17 cats and 3 dogs were adopted that day. I also want to take a moment and honor all of the FABULOUS VOLUNTEERS that showed up to help with the adoptathon..YOU ALL ROCK!

No comments: