Sunday, October 08, 2006

IN LOVING MEMORY


I am sad to report that my little guy NIGEL, has lost his battle with Heart Disease. He had been doing so well, I was lulled into believing he would be around a bit longer. He had a really alarming seizure on Monday morning. I knew in my heart what was about to go down. I rushed him to Dr. Holland, and after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting, he finally came in. He checked his vitals, and even though he had not completely come out of the seizure, he said everything was NORMAL, well except for the MASSIVE heart murmur. Well folks, I have to tell you, at this point I was ready to have a complete MELTDOWN. What do you mean NORMAL? I had resolved myself to the fact that TODAY was the day, now your telling me maybe not. Now this is the part that is MIND BLOWING. Just as I'm ready to lose it, my little ANGEL goes into another seizure, as if he were letting me know, HEY MOM, IT'S TIME! I told Dr. H that I could not allow this to continue. He left the room for a brief moment, and came back with a Vet Tech and the NEEDLE, you know the one with the PINK LIQUID. He told me that once he actually had the vein that he would go within 20 or so seconds. I thought I would have the HEART ATTACK, I was physically ill. I told my angel how much I loved him, and how much joy that he had brought to my life for 15 fabulous years. I held him tight, and just like that... HE WAS GONE..I think that was possibly the saddest day of my life. I look around my home, and even though I have three amazing furies, the house does feel quite empty. Nigel was such a PRESENCE. YOU WILL BE WITH ME FOREVER MY DARLING NIGEL......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE ONE ABSOLUTELY UNSELFISH FRIEND THAT MAN CAN HAVE IN THIS SELFISH WORLD, THE ONE THAT NEVER DESERTS HIM, THE ONE THAT NEVER PROVES UNGRATEFUL OR TREACHEROUS, IS HIS DOG......HE WILL KISS THE HAND THAT HAS NO FOOD TO OFFER: HE WILL LICK THE WOUNDS AND SORES THAT COME ENCOUNTER WITH THE ROUGHNESS OF THE WORLD. WHEN ALL OTHER FRIENDS DESERT, HE REMAINS.