Tuesday, September 12, 2006

KISMET BABY!

I have to say, I was absolutely put on this earth to rescue animals. If there is an animal in need, they will find me. Let's take the most recent encounter..This week to be exact. I was on my way to work listening to Nina Simmone getting ready to start my work week, and low and behold, the most amazing little pitbull sauntered out in front of my car. I, of course pulled over and the little guy came right up to me. He looked like Petey, of Our Gang. What a complete DOLL BABY..Not only was he a sweetie pie, but had the most stunning underbite, which for those of you that know me, know that is a prerequisite in my household. Ha ha. I took him to my office waiting for Animal Services to open, and within 20 minutes he had a home. There were three people actually fighting over who would take him. Just to let everyone know, I have been looking in the newspaper to make sure his owner was not looking for him. 5 days later, no sign. I must say that I had a feeling that no one would claim him. What a throw away society we live in. I don't understand how someone could dump/abandon, whatever the case may be, such an incredible creature. I am thrilled that his amazing personality was not effected by the carelessness of his previous owner. I just heard today that BO'S new family adores him and what a wonderful addition he has made to their family. Hey, I am always happy to help...

No comments: