Monday, September 11, 2006

LIVE AND LET DIE

I truly apologize for my lack of posts. You see, this has been a very tough couple of weeks for me personally. I know most of you out there have been through this exact heartbreaking scenario. It goes something like this...Your beloved pet finally becomes a Senior Citizen, for some that day comes a bit earlier, say 9 to 13 years. For the lucky ones you get 14 to 18 years... I, feeling incredibly fortunate, have had 15 amazing years with my darling NIGEL. Then, one day you go to your veterinarian for a routine check-up, and find out the bad news. In my case it was an enlarged heart. You are then given the bleak prognosis, along with a cocktail of drugs. My rollercoaster ride began October of 2005, and now almost 1 year later, we are near the end of the road. My heart is broken, and I know it's about that time, you know the one...The time when you have to decide what day to send your baby over the RAINBOW BRIDGE. I don't know about the rest of you, but this is absolutely killing me! He's not suffering, but the quality of life is just not there. You look in their little eyes and they are trying to tell you it's ok, let me go, we have had a wonderful life together and it is now time to say GOODBYE...We will meet again. My head knows this, I just wish my heart could let go......

No comments: